Q: How to program Feelings ?
This question can be interpreted in two ways :
- What is the logic that creates one fealing or another ?
- What are the impacts of feelings, how can they be communicated and perceived by a machine ?
Cybernetics touches this topic by trying to infer feelings as way of communication, without necessarily explaining the logic behind feelings.
Feelings Perception examples
- Demo of sentiments analysis API Great demo, there you can paste any text of your own, a detailed analysis will be displayed.
- text classification into emojis
- Smile recognition (a common feature on cameras is self trigger on smile detection).
- Video Magnification for e.g. heart rate estimation.
- Social impact in a comedy, help for disabled and privacy intrusion as no more able to hide internal thoughts : Sheldon’s emotions detection machine
Q: how AI could make better decisions for me than I do for myself ?
Artificial Moral Agents is what targets the question. AI wikipedia section : Artificial moral agents and reference (Wendell Wallach (2010). Moral Machines, Oxford University Press.)